Contrary to popular belief, not just any button-down dress shirt can be worn untucked. Here are a few tips from our staff at Bingham’s to help you pull off this casual, effortless-looking fashion statement stylishly:
- Only wear shirts that are meant to be untucked, well, untucked. They should be well-tailored and tapered to avoid a sloppy look without being tight. Check out our selections from Peter Millar, johnnie-O and others.
- Make sure that the back of your shirt ends around the bottom of your pant pocket, while the front should hit just below your zipper.
- Don’t wear a shirt that is cut straight across at the bottom outside of your trousers. The untucked ones should be scalloped with a tail.
- Complement it with the right pair of slim-fitting casual trousers or jeans from 34 Heritage, Ballin or Brax.
- Pair it with a sport coat for a more polished look.
- Visit us at Bingham’s to help you step out in untucked style.
We can’t wait to help you style your best look yet! See you at Bingham’s soon!